For many years, Contractubex® has been found to be very effective in treating inauspicious and movement restricting scars. The gel can be used to treat both recent and old scars caused by a phyical accidents, a burn or scald, an acid burn, a vaccination, acne or operation etc. This is simple and easy to use.
- Reduces excess growth of connective-tissue
- Hydrates and makes scar tissue softer
- Acts as a keratolytic and emollient
- Soothes (counteracts pruritus)
Treatment depends on the scar size, freshness of scar and the conditions of scars etc. Large, hard and old scars may need 3-6 months or even longer treatment. Treatment of scar requries a high degree of persverance and active participation by patient in order to achieve a noticable result.
Mode of action:
The active ingredients in Contractubex® are cepae extract, heparin and allantoin. Cepae extract is obtained from onions. It generates an anti-inflammatory, bactericidal effect. And it reduces swelling while preventing excessive growth of the connective tissue. Heparin loosens the tissue structure. It has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps to bind water to the scar tissue. Allantoin encourages wound healing and has a soothing effect. In older scars its most important effect is to replenish and regulate the extreme lack of water in the scar tissue – and to promote blood flow.
The effects of the three ingredients enhance and complement each other. And the water-soluble ointment base allows the active ingredients to penetrate into deeper layers of the skin. Contractubex® does not leave behind a residue. Rather its protective film shields the sensitive scar tissue. In many cases, Contractubex® treatments make scar tissues elastic again and restore most of their functionality. The earlier you begin to treat the scar tissue with Contractubex® the better the outcome will be.
How to use
- Apply a film of the gel on a cleaned scar for 3-4 times daily
- Rub in the gel with the fingertips for about 2- 3 minutes
- Rub away from the middle to cover all the wound’s edges or along the length of the scar.
- Rub in the gel with gentle pressure to increase the penetration of the active ingredients. Properly massaging the sscar should not cause any pain.
Fresh Scars: Treatment can be started just days after wound closure, or 8-10 days after an operation.
Old & hard Scars: It is recommeded that the scar be covered with Contractubex and a bandage overnight to enhance deep prenatration of the active ingredients.
Cepae Extract, Heparin, Allantoin
Country of origin