1. Antioxidants Pomegranate seeds get their vibrant red hue from polyphenols. These chemicals are powerful antioxidants.
2. Vitamin C The juice of a single pomegranate has more than 40 percent of your daily requirement of vitamin C.
3. Cancer prevention Pomegranate juice recently made a splash when researchers found that it may help stop the growth of prostate cancer cells.
4. Alzheimer’s disease protection The antioxidants in the juice and their high concentration are believed to stall the progress of Alzheimer disease and protect memory.
5. Digestion Pomegranate juice can reduce inflammation in the gut and improve digestion. It may be beneficial for people with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and other inflammatory bowel diseases.
6. Anti-inflammatory Pomegranate juice is a powerful anti-inflammatory because of its high concentration of antioxidants.