Features and benefits
- May help to maintain a healthy macula
- Contains antioxidant nutrients that may help defend against free radical damage in the macula
- May help defend against changes to the macula by reducing oxidative damage
- A percentage of sales from Lutein DefenceTM supports the MD foundation
- The eye is constantly exposed to the effects of light and oxygen and it has been suggested that lutein and zeaxanthin may have antioxidant activity in the eye.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are the only two carotenoids found in the retina and are highly Concentrated in the macula where they form the macular pigment.
- The macula is the area at the centre of the retina and is responsible for providing acute central vision. Our ability to read, recognise faces, see fine detail and drive, all depends on the macula.
- Inside the eye, lutein and zeaxanthin help To filter blue light and may help to protect the macula from light induced damage.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin may also help to scavenge free radicals in the eye.
- The body cannot produce lutein or zeaxanthin so they must be obtained from the diet.
- Blackmores Lutein DefenceTM is an eyes formula containing both lutein and zeaxanthin that may assist with the support of healthy eye function.
- Lutein 10 mg
- Zeaxanthin 2 mg
- Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children under 12 years – Only as professionally prescribed.